One of my favorite lecturers is Dr. Robert Rakowski. He is a dynamic speaker that is passionate about health, wellness and life. I have heard him say many times, “Excuses…we don’t make ’em and we don’t take ’em!” He has said this to patients that made excuses about getting healthy, to doctors making excuses about not incorporating wellness into their practice, and others.
We could all make excuses and believe me, I have heard some stellar excuses from patients. The problem is too many people like to play the “blame game” or provide a list of useless excuses to try and justify why they are in their current predicament. Unfortunately, as a health care practitioner, I know what it is like to have a patient get upset at me when I am reviewing the results of their lab findings. As if I made them eat three Big Mac’s a day and now they have sky high cholesterol. Or I made them load their body with neurotoxic substances and now they are forgetful, tired, and in chronic pain.
I have actually had patients get downright ornery when I begin to discuss the need to clean up their diet, eliminate processed foods, white sugars, refined starches, and artificial chemicals. I cannot help it that when you eat a Cheetos (is their a singular for Cheetos? Maybe Cheeto?), your body can’t turn it into a carrot. I can’t help the fact that Twinkies aren’t as healthy as bananas.
“Health is a matter of choice, not a mystery of chance” – Aristotle
I heard it said recently that there really is no such thing as “discipline”, that everything boils down to “love”. You either love your Big Mac more, or you love your heart more. You either love your toxic food stuffs more, or you love being cancer-free more. You either love your joint pain more, or you love your chiropractor more. I just had to throw that last one in here.
The list of excuses can be endless:
- Don’t have the time to get adjusted.
- Don’t have the time to cook healthy meals.
- Don’t know how to eat healthy.
- Can’t swallow my vitamins.
- I don’t like the taste of the medical food.
- I don’t want to spend money on fish oil.
- I can’t take my meals to work.
- I can’t take my vitamins in front of my friends.
- My kids will get made fun of if they eat healthy.
- My husband won’t listen to me and still eats junk so I might as well too.
We could literally go on and on with these. The fact of the matter is this…just stop the excuses. Make up in your mind today that no more excuses are allowed. We all have 24 hours in a day. We all have the same amount of time. The Internet and Google make it extremely easy to find good, healthy and quick recipes online. Learn to read health/wellness books from respected clinicians that you can learn from. Commit to make small changes each day which over time lead to really big changes.
Don’t worry that you can’t make ALL the changes overnight! Don’t let the mountain seem too high that you don’t even try to experience the joy of reaching the top. Optimal health is possible and is in your grasp. It will take time, energy, effort, financial commitment and dedication to reach it. Most of all it will take love. You need to love your family enough to be healthy. You need to love your friends enough to be healthy. You need to love you enough to be healthy!
Start with a new foundation today. A strong, stable, level and sturdy foundation just doesn’t happen…you have to make it happen. Yes it will cost you, but I guarantee you the price of disease, the price of regret, and the price of being “too late” is much higher than making health improvements now. Here are a few pointers that everyone can start right now!
- Take a high-quality, readily bioavailable multiple vitamin/mineral that contains activated folic acid, support for detoxification, support for methylation and DNA repair, adequate levels of key micronutrients and trace minerals and has the proper forms of minerals that can be used by your body.
- Take a pharmaceutical-grade, guaranteed pure fish oil support that is free of lead, mercury, PCB and dioxins. Take at least 1 gram of EPA/DHA every day.
- Take a phytonutrient support formula and consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (mainly organic) every single day. You want to find a “greens drink” that has a high phytonutrient content and a high ORAC value.
- Take adequate levels of vitamin D each day to keep your blood levels between 55-65. Use the D3 form of vitamin D. Consider using a D3 that has combined soy isoflavones for better absorption if you have problems assimilating vitamin D.
- Take a high-quality, broad-spectrum, and maintenance-type probiotic each day when you wake up in the morning.
- Have your spine adjusted on a regular basis. Schedule for a wellness monthly visit to have your cranials, neck, midback, lower back and pelvis assessed and balanced so you can have a healthy functioning brain, nervous system and ability to move right.
Sound too hard? Stop making excuses. Do this for three months. Commit to this for three months and see the benefits in your health, energy, and stamina. You will be able to see the results in the mirror, in your waistline, and in your performance.
Let me make it even easier and wash away the last few excuses. You can even order these online and have them sent to your house. You even save 5% for online orders…all the time. No excuses! Go to our homepage to find out how to set up an account.
- Take the Wellness Essentials packet in the morning and one in the evening. This is your multiple vitamin/mineral, fish oil and liver detoxification support.
- Take one scoop of Dynamic Fruits and Greens each day. My favorite is the strawberry-kiwi. It’s gluten-free and tastes great.
- Take one Iso-D3 daily (for 2000 IU vitamin D3 with soy isoflavones) or one D3-5000 (for 5000 IU vitamin D3)
- Take one Ultra Flora Plus DF each morning when your first wake up.
- Call our office and schedule your monthly wellness visit.
As the saying goes, “the proof is in the pudding”! Make the changes now, experience the results and stop making excuses!
What excuses do you find yourself making right now that are preventing you from reaching optimal health?
Want to sign up for our newsletter and receive updates, specials and more directly in your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and receive our free one-hour presentation entitled, “Eliminating Your Joint Pain, Depression and Indigestion By Treating Your Leaky Gut”.