This black bean salsa is easy to make and only takes about 20 minutes to prep. You need to plan ahead so that it can sit and marinate overnight in the fridge. You want to choose organic corn, whether canned or frozen, since non-organic corn is most likely genetically modified and will have negative health consequences. This is a great-tasting stand-alone snack, or can be used to garnish a meal. This is more like a pico de gallo, than a salsa and it tastes great!
- 2 (15-ounce) cans organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (17-ounce) package organic frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Cover and chill overnight. Taste and add salt, pepper or more lime juice as necessary. Serve as appetizer or tastes great with a piece of grilled chicken.