I spend a lot of time helping people understand the need to support their body’s detoxification capabilities. There is no question that we are exposed to a plethora of cancer-causing, disease-promoting, and health-stealing toxins. Whether it’s the bisphenol-A in the can lining, the antibiotic residue in our sirloin steak, the mercury-laden coal dust, or the pesticide residue in our water we have to combat toxins each and every single day.
What many fail to consider, however, are toxic thoughts. Yep, that’s right…toxic thoughts. The Bible says, “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he…” (Proverbs 23:7). So many are dictated by toxic thoughts about themselves, their worth, and their importance. Toxic thoughts like these are detrimental to your health and general well-being.
- Feeling worthless so you binge eat to control the pain
- Feeling like it’s no use taking control of your own health
- Worrying each day because you are just “bound to get that disease too”
- Allowing negative self talk to guide your emotions each day and hinder your successes
- Limiting yourself from stepping out and fulfilling goals because your afraid to fail
- Beating yourself up over the past, neglecting the chance to change the present, and ensuring a future trial
You don’t have to let toxic thoughts rob your wellness. You can stop these negative emotions, thoughts and feelings. In the next post I will share with you 5 easy ways to get of the toxic thought train and move on to detoxifying your body and your mind.
Have you overcome toxic thoughts? What has worked for you in working through life’s issues?